Monday, March 10, 2008

Cool Inventory

A quick note regarding the occasional opportunity to step back and observe oneself...I was cleaning out the fridge after our visitors departed and before our trip to Paris, slightly amazed to count:

o Eight kinds of cheese--six Swiss, one Italian and one Mexican (!)

o Five kinds of ham, dried meats and sausages
o Five various fruit and vegetable juices (very Swiss)
o Five types of yogurt and ice cream

Then I recalled that our total seven meals with Michel, Celeste and my boss had consisted of cheese, pastry, sausage, pork loin (healthy!), pastry, sausage and sausage.

So although some cultural adaptations take longer than others, for example, learning a language, I'd say that our fridge inventory has already adopted a rather Swiss character. And our dining choices with visitors appear to have a high saturated fat character. And I'm surprised that Steph and I aren't already much larger characters. So if you're weighing the pros and cons of a visit, our menu options should outweigh the dollar's abysmal slide--book your tickets now and consider booking two seats for yourself on the way home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mr. Bower and I were discussing your blog a few weeks ago and he stated, "the next time we see Todd, he is going to be big as a cow".......J

Marti said...

I forgot to say "Happy Birthday" to Hobbes! Glad he got a little fresh snow to play in! And yes, Dad has booked four seats for our return trip!! Hopefully four seats will be enough after 30 days in Europe -