Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Back on the Wagon

Good grief! Here I go again with feast or famine complex--22 blog entries in June (thanks, Europameister!) and since then only four posts in six weeks. In my (weak) defense, nearly two weeks were spent in the U.S. without much Internet access, sufficient to knock me off my game. So today's is a quick placeholder entry, an overdue notice of resuscitation for my perpetually disappointed fan base. What on earth has our faux-Swiss family been up to??

The weekend following our July 4 visit from M, we hosted Swedish Sven's reciprocal visit to Zürich from our
Scandinavian excursion in June. Since Sven and I usually reconvene annually through a group backpacking tradition that started in Death Valley seven years ago, an overnight hike to the heart of the Alps in the Swiss Jungfrau region seemed only fitting for his visit. That's the first story to recount, the tale of a mountain's moods and my first experience roughing it Swiss style. Next came Steph's and my nearly two weeks back in the Midwest U.S., of which I'll rehash only part, the most ridiculously noteworthy being another backpacking trip--pitifully ill-fated--this year's installment of said group's backcountry excursion to the forests of northwestern Wisconsin.

A mere two days after returning from the U.S. to Switzerland, still fairly jet-lagged, we hopped a 7-hour train to Adriatic coastal beach-town Rimini, Italy, for a trial weekend of who-knew-what with 8 strangers, other friends of new Europameister acquaintances. And just last weekend then featured Zürich's annual Street Parade, one of the largest techno/rave parties in the world and the biggest in Europe, bringing nearly 1,000,000 people to little Zürich on an August Saturday to do what ravers do best. Yes, we participated.

So there are the teasers, now all that remains is making up yet again for all my lost blogging time. Be back soon...

2 comments:

Carol Z said...

Congratulations on posting again! I look forward to your updates. I figured there was no way you could possibly keep up the amount of postings you had in June, but I was hoping for a bit more in July (although it was good to see you in person). Take care and remember you have a faithful reading audience of at least one!
Carol

Anonymous said...

Wow...what a set of bloggs. At first, I religiously started from the beginning, but, being at work, had to start skipping about...so tried to imagine what was happening via the exceptionally clear images as I scrolled towards the top...(lots of bottles I noticed!). Judging by the my short, frantic reads, you probably have more friends and have been on more trips than I would probably be able to manage in a good set of life times. Think now it may be a good idea to start here. :) ...another reader... is there an RSS feed somewhere I can add to my NetVibes page?