Thursday, August 30, 2007

Busted by Google

It's a Google world! On Tuesdsay night, I posted a blog about the possibility of my current employer creating a position for me in Europe vs. moving to Zürich unemployed. On Wednesday morning, I hurriedly deleted it because ONE SINGLE MENTION of the name of the company was flagged by the "Google alert" of a friend at work, who learned everything instantly. Busted! Very nicely, he/she agreed not to spread the news and we got a good laugh out of it.

Suffice it to say that I'm pleasantly surprised by the reaction of the senior managers who know so far--it looks like they may actually want to keep me! So I'll be blogging gingerly about that situation as it progresses.

In other news, we canceled our miniature vacation to Cancun this Labor Day weekend because we really need to work on prepping the house for sale. We were going to fly using miles and stay at the Hyatt for free (nice perk), so it didn't really cost us anything to cancel. But I'm sure after a half day of gutter repair on Saturday I'll be longing for la playa and a few dozen Negra Modelos.

I attended the Cubs game last night with a work group in very nice box seats. The Brew Crew smoked the Cubs 6-1. I had been craving a hot dog for weeks, but the ones in the booth weren't spectacular. Gotta try again, I suppose.

2 comments:

Marti said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marti said...

Sorry, I skipped a word and my comment made no sense. Here's what I meant to say: Uh, oh, I was looking for blog #2 earlier, so this explains its sudden disappearance. Hope it's still smooth sailing ahead (no pun intended regarding Chicago's recent flooding problems - "sailing", get it?).